Accounting and System Access Forms
NOTE TO TRAVELERS
Effective January 1, 2016, the Standard Mileage Rate for 2016 Business travel is $ 0.54. The Travel Authorization and Travel Reimbursement Forms have been updated for the new rate.
For travel occurring January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015, the Standard Mileage Rate for Business travel is $ 0.575.
Payments to Nonresident Alien (NRA) vendors
To ensure that the college is in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local tax laws, ALL payments to Nonresident Alien (NRA) vendors, who are providing goods, services, or being reimbursed for travel expenses must be reviewed by the Controller's Office prior to any payment being made. Below are a few highlights, and not meant to be all-inclusive, so please contact the Controller's Office with questions.
- Each vendor payment request is reviewed separately, as the United States of America (U.S.) does not have a tax treaty with all countries, and different types of payments (Goods, Services, Royalties, Expense reimbursements, etc.) have different rules governing them.
- Please contact the Controller's Office as far in advance as possible, to ensure enough time to compile and review required documentation, and to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- ALL NRA vendors, regardless of payment type, are required to submit a form W-8 ("Certificate of Foreign Status...") to the college, which will establish their residency.
- Form W-8 may be used to claim tax treaty benefits, depending on the type of payment, whether the vendor has a tax identifying number, and whether the U.S. has a tax treaty regarding the type of income with their country.
- Form W-8 is only valid for a certain time period; generally, the year signed, and the following three years. New forms will be requested as old forms expire, or if/when the IRS publishes updates to existing forms.
- Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) is not a substitute for Form W-8 for foreign vendors.
- If payment is for services performed by the NRA inside of the U.S. (U.S. sourced income), even if under a contract to purchase goods (i.e. installation and training), additional forms may be required. If a tax treaty benefit is being claimed, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires a mandatory 10-day review period by their office, prior to payment being made.
- Approval of New Employee Relocation / Moving Expense
- Direct Deposit Form (excel)
- Direct Deposit Form (pdf)
- Expenditure Authorization / Travel Payment Voucher
- Iran Divestment Act Certificate NOTE: This form, signed by the vendor, is required for all Expenditure Authorization requests that are (1) associated with a contract, and (2) with a payment greater than $10,000.00 (i.e., $10,001.00 and over).
- Immediate Check Request Form
- Intra-Departmental Transfers - IDT NOTE: When using an IDT for ARAMARK services, please attach the required support (Catered Meals Questionnaire Form, AND event flyer, or attendee roster-listing all faculty/staff/student/other attendees). This required support MUST be attached to the IDT.
- Nonresident Alien Questionnaire (excel)
- Nonresident Alien Questionnaire (pdf)
- Research and Development Sales and Use Tax Exemption Form
- Travel Advance Request
- Travel Authorization (NOTE: The Travel Authorization Form can be found in MyCharleston. The form is located in the "Accounting Forms" section on both the Employee or Finance tabs.)
- Student Travel Liability Form (NOTE: Please document who is collecting these liability forms on the Travel Authorization.)
- Travel Reimbursement
Finance System Security, Access, and Maintenance Forms
- Chart of Accounts Maintenance Request Form
- Self-Service Banner (SSB) Authorization Request Form (NOTE: An Index/FOP Access Form form for each index that the employee will require access to, or be approver for, must be submitted with the SSB Form.)
- Index/FOP Access Form (NOTE: Each Index/FOP Access Form submitted supersedes all previous forms; please ensure that all who will need access to, or be approvers for, each index are listed, and all required signatures obtained.)
- EVERY TIME an EVP, Academic Dean, Chair, Director, Department Head, or Principal Investigator who has financial oversight responsibilities for an index changes, a new Index/FOP Access Form is required to be submitted noting the change.
- EVERY TIME an employee has access added/removed, changes roles, changes departments, leaves the college, or is no longer responsible for financial activity of an index, a new Index/FOP Access Form is required to be submitted noting the change.